Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tabur here I climb

I still got my knees pain during this writing... but still

A confession to make, I'm addicted to hike, climb and jungle. To do it, a buddy or a group has to be tagged along. We have done Angsi last week, but still I wanted more... Yeah.. again Abang Long kawasan sedia membantu. He suggested Tabur... bagaikan orang mengantuk disorongkan bantal...






I done my study about the hill, sounded like a pretty dangerous and difficult place to climb but that doesn't dampen my resolve to climb it anyway. Two of my own friends wanted to come... Trang (Kinabalu hiker) and Kak Liza. Oraito... the more the merrier. While from the Rinjani's group were 3 people Abang Long, Jali and Apat. Last minute my 2 ladies friend turned down... hmmm Fine!


The idea was to catch the sunrise... huh.. apakejadah... 7am still breakfast at Dean Melawati. We just started climbing around 9am. Matahari dah tersenyum pandang. During the climb, Abang Long shared his climbing tips... wah hebat!

2 -3 kali piker to add this pic..
Agak mengah as the starting agak menegak. But, once I saw the first view suddenly my tiredness gone. Wallah... seindah syurga (camnelah syurga eh.. kalau dunia pun aku dah rasa begitu mewah) Rockery steep and slope steps... Stop every few steps, to catch the view and to smell the nature. I don't know.. Somehow I feel that the climb was easy and fast even though there's a lot of rock climbing, a dangerous path to go through.. nothing for me as I know the beautiful view was waiting for me.

They asked me to stand.. which I can't

see the cliff at the other side, I went through it
There's a rope that helped to  climb down and up here..
The crowd waiting their turn to climb down...
Now I know why Ammar was so crazy of Tabur.. One peak after one peak we reached.. Picture after picture.. Jali was my victim to be my cameraman. Sorry Jali... peace yow.

The sky was clear and blue make the view and panorama from the hill's peak was absolutely stunning and gorgeous. It makes all the hardship we endure during the climb more than worth it. Another young group joined us. Ramai kawan...






We hung around on top of the hill for 30 minutes or more before making our way down. The descend downhill was much harder than the climb, this must be because the view was just a farm and no more dam and going down we rely 100% on the knees strength. Ohhh I felt old every time climbing down. But, I always counter with.. mental psychological..




this is Abang Long kawasan.. tengok la tempat dia berdiri tu.. huish. I was shaking to be there !
see the clouds.. I wish if I could fly through it.
About 80% of our climb that day were land, trees and rocky and sharp boulders. Quite a challenge to climb (up or down). The boulders were hard but they're not impossible and even beginners like me who had no prior experience of rock climbing before should be able to do them without much difficulties. If I can do it, I should think most people can do it. It's all about your determination and resolve.






The Akar Group, sebab taking the picture on the root of trees.
From left Jali, Me, Abang Long Kawasan and Arafat. Part of the Rinjani's Team
The group expanded.... the young group joined us. Abang Long too helpful. He's actually guided all of us on the Hill. 

We reached the foot of the hill at around 10:45hrs.. again, I think I was fast as a lady as we have to wait the other ladies for at least 45mins. I would say that this climbing was a sweet, simple and short. But, the most important things.. we were safe.

Conclusion, Bukit Tabur may sound dangerous or difficult to some if you only read the blogs or news about the recent mishap and accidents. For me, honestly, they are not that hard provided you have an experience guide to guide you. Experienced as in someone who had been there before a few times or somebody with years of climbing experience. Respect the nature and the environment. No fooling around or doing daring pose on top of the rocks. One wrong step and you might fall down the rocky ledge and end up as a statistic for tragedy at Bukit Tabur. Please don't create a news...

The climb is moderately hard but the reward is truly worth it. You get to see the entire Klang Gate reservoir up to Genting Highland on one side and the entire Taman Melawati and the Kuala Lumpur skyline on the other.




Loaned flag from passing by hiker.. hahaha boleh ?!




Thanks Merrel.. again.. you are my perfect transport.

I will come back !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to see your comment...