26th August 2014, the climbers was invited to attend Talisman Kinabalu Hari Raya Open House in Kota Kinabalu.At first I was informed that all the climber ‘must’ attend it. The department secretary was instructed by the big boss to book my flight as I was informed I can’t say no.
I know, it must be tiring for me because the schedule that week was so tight with the existing commitment and it come with end of the month. I wish I can say No.. To Mr. Smart (in the picture below), my immediate boss Mr. Kenny has no say about it.
2 days close to the event date.. I just knew that only 3 climbers were confirmed, but at the last minute only 2 of us. Definitely, I have to be there to represent the whole group. By hook or by crook I have to go. Tiring… work commitments and everything else, so small to put as a priority now. I don’t take overnight package, I was agreed for the day trip. 7.30am departure and 5.35pm flew back to KL.
Upon arrival to the event location, warm welcome by the GCR group. Since I have nothing to do except as the invitees.. I helped the company to be an usher, greeting and welcome the invitees which were the NGOs, media representatives, the charity group and etc. It’s reminding me to my previous job in KLCC Urusharta.. Hahaha conducting the event and everything..
Upon opening speech by Mr. Smart, we were called to present on stage, some reporters were ready capturing our photos. I'm proud to say that I was part of the climbers.
It was so meaningful when I came down from the stage, the donor recipient came to me said Thank you for your contribution. Auchhh terharunya… somehow the memories went to the top of the mountain came to my mind.. the wonderful experience which I will never forget. Can I still do this kind of charity work ? How meaningful to them… the orphanage kids cheering.. came to salam me.. said "thanks kakak…"
I was in big smiling but in my heart.. only Allah know… can I still do this for them… ?
The total collection was RM100k and was presented RM20k each to ;
- Yayasan Nur Jauhar
- Bukit Harapan
- Don Bosci Children’s Home
- Persatuan Thalasemia sabah
- Pusat PDK Mutiara Labuan
These were some of the reports from local newspapers. I heard some more...
Thanks to Talisman for initiating this activity. ..
It's small in material but was a big meaning to them!
May Allah bless all of us..






No comments:
Post a Comment
I like to see your comment...